Yoga is everywhere these days. Wherever you look there’s a Sweaty Betty-clad yogi gliding to a studio, mat securely fastened under their arm. You know having a yoga practice is good for you, but the thought of walking into a sweaty studio for the first time surrounded by seasoned yogis makes you feel a bit… ill.
We get you. We’ve been there! Everyone has. But have no fear – there’s a yoga practice out there you might not know about that will help you get started, and keep you practicing no matter where you are.
There are countless reasons why you – despite countless studies demonstrating why it’s exceptionally awesome for your mind and your body – may not have tried yoga or managed to create a daily practice. Let us count the ways:
Why you haven’t tried yoga (yet)
- We have no time! Life is pulling us in literally every direction – from taking care of the kids and earning a living, to catching up with friends (and the latest episode of Game of Thrones) there’s hardly any time to break a sweat besides running for the next tube, let alone drag ourselves to the gym.
- Yoga studios are a little bit scary. For brand new yogis, the sweat will start dripping from your forehead long before you step into your first downward dog. It’s easy to feel intimidated by the bendy, handstand-holding yogis who make Uttkasana (the dreaded chair pose) look like they’re reclining in a bloody sofa.
- There’s too many options. It feels like there’s a yoga style for every letter of the alphabet. Ashtanga, Hatha, Jivamukti, Vinyasa… the list goes on. With so many types of yoga it can be overwhelming to know what kind of studio to try. Rather just stick to the treadmill….
So, what’s a new yogi to do?
If you’re a busy yogi-in-training, you might have already explored practicing yoga at home, using online videos. What you probably haven’t heard of is interactive online yoga. That’s because there aren’t many companies offering it. In fact, Yogaia is the only online yoga studio that does! It’s something we are super passionate about, because it literally allows you to have access to some of the best yoga instructors in the world into your living room – in real time.
The Benefits of Live & Interactive Online Yoga
Read on, friend:
- It’s super convenient. When it comes to practicing yoga with an experienced instructor, it doesn’t really get easier than this. Just roll out your yoga mat on your living room floor, turn on Frozen to keep the kids busy, log on and join your favourite class. Book in advance for a live class to make sure you don’t miss it, or log on anytime and flow to a recorded class.
- Practice online – without Wifi! We’re a yoga studio, but a lot more flexible (get it?). Just download the Yogaia App and download all of your favourite recorded classes to practice wherever you are. HOT TIP: This is particularly handy when you’re holidaying at an exotic island/ alpine resort/ country-side town with no internet access. You’re welcome!
- Get your alignment right from the start. Since your teacher can see you while you practice (if you turn on your camera, that is), they’ll be able to give you personal instruction on how to modify your alignment to ensure you’re getting the most of of your class. That’s definitely not possible in a regular online yoga class.
- Experiment with different styles and teachers. From Easy Flow to Power Flow, Meditation to Pilates, there are countless classes for you to try in the comfort of your own home. And with so many wonderful teachers to choose from, you’ll quickly find the perfect classes for you!
- It won’t break the bank. Let’s face it – yoga studio memberships can cost a small fortune. Our goal is to make yoga accessible to everyone, which is why we price our memberships very competitively.
So remember, you don’t have to live next door to a studio, or even step into one for that matter, to feel the benefits of yoga!
Join our 14-day “Play on the Mat” Challenge now (launching 15th May) to learn how to have fun in your personal yoga practice, tap into what feels good in your body, and get out of your comfort zone!
Ready to join us on the mat?
Try us now to access free yoga classes. Anytime, anywhere.