Sport has long had a say on the catwalk, and this season yoga has been casting its feminine wiles all over the runway. From balletic bodysuits to strappy sports bras, here are some of the hottest yoga fashion trends for this season.
1. Strappy yoga bras
The dull and dreary sports bra has had its day; this season we’ve been treated to a myriad of yoga bras that have been given a fashion overhaul. With yoga not being as high impact as cardio, designers have started looking to trendsetting details to give your average yoga bra more oomph, and this year it comes amid a flurry of straps. Inspired by the harness lingerie trend of last year, the strappy yoga bra marks a new phase in yoga fashion trends.
Multi-line shoulder straps, strappy cross backs and across body bands all give you something to show off under your draped yoga layers. A good fit is everything here, so make sure your straps hold firmly but aren’t too tight, and ensure the main body of the bra gives your bust enough support.
2. High waisted yoga pants
Waistlines have been rising this season, and the yoga world has never been happier. High-waisted pants are a welcome addition to the stylish yogi’s wardrobe. They’re the perfect shape to stay in place however much you stretch and however difficult your pose. Wear yours with a retro crop top for a cool 80’s feel, or look to dropped armhole vests and backless tops for an alternative way of showing off the waistline. Take your yoga pants from exercise to every day and wear them with running shoes and an oversized hoodie for urban streetwear vibes.
3. One pieces
Form fitting one pieces return to the yoga scene once more this season: they’re a favourite with the yogi pros and as graceful as ever with some modern updating. A bodysuit is guaranteed to stay in place during your poses, and it’ll give you a flattering silhouette as you stretch. Go retro and wear your bodysuit with leg warmers, or modernise the look with a full-length onesie, running shoes and a draped cardigan; the perfect look for post-practice.
4. Cut-out detailing
From backless tops to mesh panelled leggings, cut outs are a firm favourite when it comes to creating a fashionable yoga wardrobe. Fashion inspired and all the rage on the runway, these pieces will definitely take you from the yoga studio to the street in style. Backless tops will show off your multi strap yoga bra, but look for fitted waistbands to ensure yours stays in place and is more than just a style statement. Mesh banded leggings are great for keeping cool and they’ll bring a bit of sultry appeal to your yoga uniform. Wear yours with a loose fit yoga vest to counteract the silhouette and to balance out the sheer.
5. Yoga essentials
Once you’ve got the yoga fashion trends down, you’ll need the right equipment to ensure you get your zen fix. Whether you’re a yogi master or a budding beginner, a yoga mat is the ultimate essential. Not only do they provide a resistant surface to ground your feet and hands through your poses, but they help establish an area for your practice, which is great for getting into that coveted yoga headspace.
Yoga blocks and cushion bolsters are useful for beginners. They will help you reach some of the more difficult poses and support your body while you’re getting to know the stretches. Straps can also aid in stretching if you’re not too flexible, they’ll put your limbs within reach and help you obtain those flexibility goals.
Are you a member of Yogaia? Join a live class by Sunday 23 October for a chance to WIN 1 of 10 Zalando vouchers worth £25! Competition closes at 11:59pm (BST) on Sunday 23 October, terms and conditions apply (see below).
YOGAIA X ZALANDO COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Competition closes 23:59 UTC+1, Sunday 23 October
2. To enter, users must attend a live class on Yogaia.com before the competition closes
3. Multiple entries are allowed by attending more than 1 live class, however each user can only win once.
4. Each of 10 winners will receive 1 x £25 Gift Voucher to spend on Zalando.co.uk. Gift Vouchers have their own Terms & Conditions (see 5.)
5. Zalando Terms & Conditions: There is no qualifying spend. If purchases made on Zalando.co.uk come to less than the amount of the Gift Voucher, you will lose all remaining credit. If a cancellation or refund is made for the purchase that the Gift Voucher is used, the credit will be applied to the user’s account. There is no expiration date for the Gift Vouchers. It is not possible to exchange the Gift Voucher for cash in the case of loss or damage.
6. Winners will be chosen at random from all Live attendees of the eligible classes.
7. Winners will be contacted within 10 working days of the end of the competition by a Yogaia representative.
8. Winners will have 48 hours to respond to being contacted. If they fail to do so, Yogaia reserve the right to cancel their prize and select another winner.
9. The promoter of this competition is Yogaia Limited, 6 Osborn St, London E1 6TD
Ready to join us on the mat?
Try us now to access free yoga classes. Anytime, anywhere.