Core Strength Yoga Sequence (5 Minutes)
1. Balancing Table Top Pose
- Come on to all fours with your hands under your shoulders and knees under your hips. As you breathe in gently draw the belly up to the spine keeping the back neutral.
- Press into the hands and the tops of the feet to find strength and slowly raise the left arm and right leg away from the floor and out long.
- Hold for 5 breaths, release and change sides. Repeat on both sides.
2. Forearm Plank Pose
- Place both forearms on the ground shoulder width apart so that the elbows are under the shoulders.
- Extend the legs back behind you staying high on the toes and squeezing in a straight line from your heels to your shoulders. Bring your slightly forwards, keeping the neck long and aligned with your spine.
- Hold for 5 long, steady breaths.
3. Side Plank Pose
- From forearm plank, carefully bring your weight into your right forearm and extend the legs coming onto the outer blade of your right foot.
- Spread the fingers of your right hand and spread your right forearm into the ground. Keep the feet together and all your toes flexed.
- Keep pressing the floor away with your forearm and feet to float the hips high creating a banana shape through your body but keeping the core engaged.
- Reach up with your left hand, activating your fingers, and slowly bring your gaze to your left hand.
- Hold for 5 breaths. Carefully make your way back to forearm plank and swap sides.
4. Boat Pose
- Find your seat bones and sit up tall. Place the hands behind your bottom and float the legs off the ground, together and shins parallel to the ground.
- Squeeze the belly and lift the collar bones to find a straight spine, squeeze in and float the arms down the sides of the legs.
- If this is comfortable, work to straighten the legs, keeping a straight spine. Hold for 5 breaths.
5. Bridge Pose
- Lie on your back place your feet on the floor hip width apart. Slightly turn the toes in.
- Press the shoulders into the ground and on your next inhale roll the hips up to the ceiling pressing into the legs and keeping them hip width apart. If you can clasp the hands together underneath you to open the chest, focusing on a long spine.
- Hold for 1 full breath, and as you exhale, roll back down to your mat. Repeat 5 times.
Limited Offer: Get Up To 50% Off Your Membership!
It’s time to roll out your mat and enjoy an in-studio yoga experience from your living room! Join yoga, meditation and fitness classes from the comfort of home for 6 months for up to 50% off your membership.
We’re only giving away 500 memberships and they’re selling fast, so don’t miss out! Cancel anytime.
Ready to join us on the mat?
Try us now to access free yoga classes. Anytime, anywhere.